Looking For Something?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scrap Storage

I have had quite a few people ask me recently about how I keep my paper scraps. Well, since I had a limited space for storing a lot of my scrappy supplies I have to always find different ways to organize and store my supplies. I thought it would be nice to share how I store all my scraps. I keep all of my paper scraps in an expandable file folder and then I keep all my patterned paper in a filing cabinet, which I have hanging folders in to hold my patterned scraps. With the expandable file folder I have each slot labeled by color. This makes it SO easy to just grab the color you need and find what you want. With the filing cabinet I do not have the scraps in any specific order at all. They're just in there and if I'm looking for something I have to sift through each folder. I guess I should sort them in some kind of order, but that's way down on the "to do" list, lol. I hope this can help some of you out with your scrap storage solutions. In the filing cabinet I also store my magazines and idea books. : )








3 comments:

  1. I have a filing cabnit by my desk! i think i need to clean it out and use it for my paper :o) thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing. My friend started me doing this a few months ago. It is a great way to take them on crops as well. Ya I'm doing something right....Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Melissa! I love it and it works perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete