Looking For Something?

Monday, November 19, 2012

Reindeer Food

I was SO excited to get my Jaded Blossom stamps today! I have SO many ideas for this stamp set, and I cannot wait to share them with all of you! 

So, with that said -- my first project I want to share with all of you is this super fun and super cute ornament. My boys are both too old for the "Reindeer Food" tradition, but they LOVED going out and sprinkling it on the lawn for Rudolph and his crew to find. I thought it would be really cute to make this tradition into an ornament for them to hang on the tree this Christmas instead. 

Here is my ornament 


Here is a closer up photo as well


(I apologize for the glare - no matter what I did... it was there. I didn't even use a flash, lol) 

I just mixed the oatmeal and glitter together and used a funnel to put it inside the ornament. I purchased the ornament from Jo-Ann's and it's a plastic ornament, not glass. I measured the stamp to make sure the exact size to but my SVG tag, and then I stamped the poem on the tag. Once I did that, I  then  wrapped the tag around a pencil and slid the pencil inside the ornament and shook the tag off. I used some long tweezers to get the tag positioned and unfolded. Note: Add your tag to the inside of the ornament before you add the reindeer food - makes it much easier that way. 

Ingredients:
Paper - Echo Park Merry Christmas 
Stamps - Jaded Blossom - Reindeer Magic
SVG - Scraptastical Kreations - Label It, Tag It, Frame It
Divine Twine - Holiday

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my ornament today. I hope I have inspired you to create a fun ornament for your tree this Christmas. 

Happy Scrappin', 

Kristy 


6 comments: