Looking For Something?

Friday, January 17, 2014

This Jacket Layout

Happy Friday, Everyone!! 

My week has been totally off this week. I did NOT realize today was Friday. I was thinking it was Thursday and I was thinking Thursday was Wednesday. Sigh!! But, I'm SO glad it IS Friday! I'm ready for the weekend!! 

Today I'm sharing a fun layout with all of you. I decided to FINALLY scrap a layout this year, lol. I haven't scrapped a layout in a little over a month. It was time to get busy! So, I seen a sketch challenge over at The Paper Bakery, and as many of you know, I'm a sucker for sketches!! So, I decided to give it a whirl this evening and get some scrap-therapy in. It was much needed and well over do! So, let's take a peek! 

Here is the sketch 
#18

And, here is my take on the sketch

I just LOVE this photo of my youngest. Even when he is lost in though and daydreaming, he is still so photogenic! I wish I was! But, when I seen this photo I didn't want to do a "daydreaming" or "lost in thought" layout with this one, I wanted to share my memories of him and "this jacket". He had this jacket for about 2 years. I literally JUST threw it out about a week ago (yes, I had to do it on the sly). He wore this jacket EVERYWHERE; to eat, to bed, to everywhere! As my journaling says, it was like it was his security blanket and he would have worn that jacket to take a bath too, if he could. I'm not sure what it was about this jacket that he loved so much, but it certainly was his FAVORITE! 

I really had a lot of fun with this sketch. I'm continuing to push myself to move out of my comfort zone and think outside of "my box". I'm super satisfied how this turned out. And, the best part of sketches is that you can twist them, flip them, or rotate them and make your layout unique. No two layouts using a sketch will ever be the same... well most of the time, lol. 

For this layout I used the following products: 

Studio Calico - Flair, Plastic Letters (green)
Cardstock - Bazzill, American Crafts 
Basic Grey Designer Paper 
Amy Tangerine - Puffy Stickers
MME - Cut & Paste Stickers 
Cosmo Cricket - Tiny Type stickers (favorite)
Recollections Stamps 
Vellum 
Corrugated star die-cut 
American Crafts Precision Pen 

Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peek at my layout. I hope you all have a scrap happy day! 

Hugs, 

Kristy 

8 comments:

  1. Super cute layout and sweet take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story about the jacket and how you flipped the sketch and your pp frame! Very sweet! Thanks for joining us at Paper Bakery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous and i adore the colors too! good luck and thanks for playing at PB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet layout and photo of your son! Love the little touches you added with the ink splatters and flair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is very photogenic! This layout is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! So glad you were able to play along with us at Paper Bakery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with the sketch, and I love your story behind the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you finally got some scrapping in! Looks like it was definitely worth it! This layout is fabulous! The story behind the jacket is priceless and it will definitely be a memory to treasure!! I really love your take on the sketch! Love the flair and the little arrows and splatters! Thanks so much for joining us @Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete