Looking For Something?

Friday, March 28, 2014

Brothers {Layout Share} & a SNEAK PEEK

Hey Everyone!!

I hope you all are having a splendid day thus far. Well, it's still cold here and it's a week shy of April. It sure does seem that ol' man winter is having a major came of PMS! He sure needs to go into hibernation! Anywho... Spring may pay a visit soon, hopefully, but until then I've been able to get a couple of layouts done. It's been lovely being able to get some scrappy time in.

Aside from just the layout, I have a little sneak peek for you all. As some of you may know, Bella Creationz is having a NEW RELEASE PARTY on Tuesday, April 1. You def do NOT want to miss out on it. So much fun, fab projects AND an amazing new stamp set. And, I have a little peek of the new stamp set, as I used it on this layout. It's SO much fun and you're def going to love it, so be sure to head on over to the OH SNAP New Release Party event page so you can join us for all the fun on Tuesday!! 

Ok... ok... let's get on the the layout, right?! 

So, I've had this photo sitting on my little ledge where I keep the photos I want to scrap right away, and well this is one of my FAVORITE photos of my two boys. The days when they actually got along and enjoyed each other, instead of having the daily teenager fights. 


I just really LOVE how this layout came together; all the layers and the simple embellies make this entire layout, in my opinion. I love this kit by Echo Park and it fit the colors in the photo perfectly. I initially wanted to mat my photo on corrugated cardboard from an old box, but it really just didn't fit, so I just took a kraft bag from Bella Creationz and ran it through my Fiskar's crimper. It gave me the look I was looking for. I also used the other end of that bag and punched out the strip of stars, and used the positive pieces of stars as an embellishment. I also took some of the scraps of the paper I pulled off the cardboard box to get to the corrugated part of the box. I love the texture this adds to the layout and goes so well with the faux corrugated bag. I'm as much in love with this layout, as I am with that photo!! 

For this layout I used the following products: 

Paper - Echo Park Brothers Collection 
Embellishments - Echo Park Brothers Collection 
Banner and Kraft Bag - Bella Creationz
White Gel Pen 
Black Zig Marker

Thanks so much for stopping by today to take a peek at my layout. I hope you all have a scrap happy day! 

Hugs,

Kristy 



No comments:

Post a Comment