Looking For Something?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Photo Love {Timeless Twine DT Day}


Hey Everyone! Happy Wednesday!

 I hope you all are enjoying your week thus far. It's been a bit {gasp} snowy here this week. Where is spring?!?! Mother Nature is so confused! 

So, this month we are challenged to go outside of our box and create something fun and different. Well, I am obsessed with stitching on projects lately, so it's no surprise that I stitched on this layout! 

I had these 2x2 photos sitting on my desk for some time. I had been playing around with my photos and trying to print some from home and I didn't want these to go to "waste", so I had this pictured in my mind as to how I could put all these photos into a heart. At first, I thought about doing a die cut heart with my Silhouette, but then I ditched that idea and went straight for the twine and I absolutely LOVE it! I used the die cut heart to lightly trace a heart on to the cardstock and then I used my Amy Tan stitching template to space the holes out around the heart. Super easy, so fun, and a really super simple layout. 



Of course, I couldn't leave a layout without any splatters! I had to had some black mist to top it all off. If I was to do this layout again, I would do the mist BEFORE I did everything else. It would give it a more uniform look and I would also make sure it is DRY before I move on to added the photos and embellishments {I'm not so patient}. 

I used the new Bella Creationz stamp set and stamped around the inside edge of the entire heart with the "moments captured" sentiment and I used the Cherry Red Timeless Twine to stitch the heart. I cut the family arrow on my silhouette from a Scraptastical Kreations SVG. The flair is from ScrappyK Designs etsy shop, and the photo love card is from October Afternoon Daily Flash cut-aparts. 

Everyday Word Arrows-Everyday Word Arrows, Die Cut Word Arrows, Word Arrows SVG, Word Arrows SVG Cutting files, Word arrows cutting files, Project Life Cutting files, Project Life SVG, Smashing SVG, Smashing Cutting File, Smashing SVG Cutting Files, Project Life SVG Cutting Files, svg, gsd, dxf, wpc, ai, pdf, png, jpg, wishblade, blackcat cougar, pazzles, cricut, silhouette, robocraft, fairycut, make the cut, scal, scal2, sure cuts a lot, svg files, svg cutting files, scrapbooking, paper piecing, paper piecing patterns, paper piecing files, digital scrapbooking, tear bears, freebie, svg freebie, Cricut, Silouette, Cameo, Eclips, Sizzix Eclips, Black Cat Cougar, Make the Cut, Sure Cuts a Lot, Wishblade, Pazzle, digital cutting files, cutting files, svg cutting files, svg paper piecing patterns, vector cutting files, vector paper piecing patterns, paper piecing patterns, Scraptastical Kreations SVG Cutting Files, Scraptastical Kreations Paper Piecing Patterns,

Clear Stamp Set "Oh Snap" - Perfect for Project Life, Instagram, Polaroid scrapbook pages or cards.

SALE - Cherry Red Bakers Twine by Timeless Twine - 1 Spool (160 Yards)

Best Friends Flatback Flair Buttons

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you all have a twinetastic day! 

Hugs, 

Kristy 


2 comments:

  1. Kristy your layout is really pretty! Great job and loved that you used the stamps!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this layout my friend!! the stitched heart with the twine and the super cute flair! Amazing!!! love it! loves-Scrappin Madge

    ReplyDelete